Well, that went by like a blink of an eye! All your hard work and perseverance has paid off as you are now on the roll to starting a new and exciting journey at The University of Newcastle. It’s time for: “Your Next Move.”
As a current student at Uni Newcastle myself I know firsthand the ups and downs regarding the academic journey. I can safely say with confidence that no matter the hurdle, that we can all strive for greatness! And as result of your effort, it is time to think about what’s next on the horizon.
Now mind you, thinking about the next phase in your academic journey can be one of excitement but also one of sheer and utter chaos and anxiety. Well, to help you start with your chin held high, follow me as I was in the same boat as you are in. Good thing you aren’t the Titanic, rather consider yourself a Nimitz class aircraft carrier with all the power and knowhow (if not soon to be) on how to completely ace what you need to do after Open Foundation! Since you are AMAZING have either completed or soon to complete Open Foundation, here is my hot take on what to do next to make sure that you get ahead of the game.
Get ahead of the game
Alrighty, so before you go ahead and start hammering away with your application, do make sure that you have the ability to receive and view your final grades. You’re going to need to make sure that you are set and on track and if not, that you squash any issue like a bug! Now, the most important stuff to take note on when it comes to receiving and viewing your results is:
- “Have I cleared any holds and to-do’s in MyHub?” – Be sure have a quick check over your student account. Sometimes you may forget to finish off a module or two, have a library fine or maybe a combination of the two. If that’s the case, make sure that you identify those issues and take the necessary steps to ‘squish them.” If you need help with this, feel free to get in touch with the friendly AskUoN team either at your closest Student Central location, phone, email or live chat.
- Check your results on Fully Graded Date via MyHub – I was scared at times looking at my grades sometimes, but be proud of your achievement and understand what you got. Sometimes, context and knowledge can go a long way and it’s better to know what you got in general.
- Your undergraduate offer will be sent to your preferred email address, so be sure to check it regularly!
How to apply
There are two options for applying to an undergraduate degree from your Enabling Pathways program. Direct: Apply with our FREE direct application for all degrees at the University of Newcastle, except for the Bachelor of Midwifery. Or UAC: If you want to apply to the Bachelor of Midwifery at the University of Newcastle, or another University in NSW/ACT you need to apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
As an Open Foundation student you have guaranteed admission to 40 cool and unique degrees! Yep, 40 amazing degrees right at your fingertips!
For direct applications, follow these handy steps and you’ll be a winner.
- When applications are open, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below to access the application form.
- Complete the form, selecting up to 3 preferences. You don’t have to select 3 preferences, but it’s a good idea to have a back-up plan in case you don’t meet the admission criteria for your first preference. You should include at least one degree from the Guaranteed Admissions Scheme.
- There will be a section in the application where you can attach any other relevant documents
- After you have entered all relevant information, selected your preferences and uploaded any additional documentation, make sure you press the submit button before the application closing date.
Bare in mind that I literally compressed a full-on whammy’s worth of information down so if in doubt ask for help and get the support that you deserve! Check out the “Your Next Move” website for more details, otherwise you can get in touch with the PALS team on 1800 353 775 or AskUoN on 4921 5000.
Woo-hoo time to celebrate!